This week has been full of up and down emotions. Everyone has heard of the terrible shooting of police officers in Ogden city, 5 injured and 1 killed. For those of you who don't know, my husband works for Ogden city. When I was informed there had been a shooting, my stomach dropped to my ankles. Luckily, Dave was home with me when it happened. It was the one night he was not working. My heart just breaks for Special Agent Francom's wife and children. This whole week I can hardly look at Dave without getting emotional because I could not see myself living life without him by my side. It's amazing to see the support from the community and how much they have shown how much they appreciate law enforcement officers. Tonight we were at Goodwood Barbecue and the waiter saw Dave's badge and asked where he worked and hurried and put his tray down so he could shake Dave's hand. I was almost in tears when I saw in person how much he was respected by a civilian.
I have been very blessed to have such a hard working husband. He is either working hard at home doing what he needs to do for me. Or he is out serving the community. I'm thankful to have my amazing dad up above watching us. Every time Dave is out late, I ask my dad to keep an eye out for him.
Whether you are religious or not, please keep all officers in your thoughts and prayers, especially the Francom family at this time.
Friday, January 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment